From February 7th to the 9th, over 15,000 engineering professionals of all stripes attended the 2023 Medical Design and Manufacturing (MD&M) Show. With over 1,700 exhibitors consisting of vendors who provide materials, components, and large-scale equipment, this show is the biggest showcase of manufacturers in the Western United States.
Though this is a huge convention for medical device and life science customers and suppliers, there are also 4 shows that run in parallel that cater to customers across all industries:
- WestPack – Focuses on the latest technology and services in packaging design, logistics, and supply chain management
- ATX – Showcases what’s new in the world of automation and intelligent robotic technology. This area puts a spotlight on AI, Machine Learning, Industrial Equipment and even featured a lego BrickBot competition.
- Plastec West – A trade show focused on polymers and large-scale injection molding solutions and their application in medical devices, 3D printing, and packaging.
- Design and Manufacturing (D&M) – Where engineers converge to discuss the latest in CAD design and testing tools, New Product Development, and prototyping.
Who Exhibited at the MD&M Show?
With the opportunity to interact with many engineers, executives, and buyers in one location, over 1,700 exhibitors from all over the globe came to display products and solutions.
Here is a sampling of the diverse exhibitors at the show:
- Fralock – ISO 13485 and ISO 9001 certified manufacturer of flex and rigid circuit with applications used for ultrasound probes, catheters, cochlear implants, and molecular diagnostic equipment.
- Bal-Seal Engineering – Global provider of custom-engineered sealing, connecting, conducting, and EMC and EMI shielding solutions for medical electronics and medical devices.
- Amplitude Laser – Producer of diode-pumped ultrafast solid-state lasers used for anti-counterfeiting devices, die cutting, and other products that have optical components.
- Mountz – A manufacturer of torque solutions and precision fastening tools for a range of industries, including aerospace, automotive, electronics, and medical device
- Liquidmetal Technologies – Advanced molding solutions using amorphous metal components for complex metal parts.
- KLA-Tencor – A renowned Semiconductor supplier of products and services that include, but are not limited to, inline unpatterned and patterned wafer defect inspection, reticle defect inspection, and computational lithography tools.
This year’s show seems to be optimistic as exhibitors saw record numbers of inquiries and purchasing leads. Plastics News Writer Sarah Kominek said this year’s MD&M Show has returned to its busier, high-traffic glory days in comparison to the previous 2 years when attendees were still wary of COVID-19 and gathering restrictions. The 2023 attendees look to be more intentional in scoping suppliers and have pending projects in mind.
As many of the suppliers mentioned above receive new orders, SoloPoint Solutions has been their trusted partner in providing flexible resources for contingent and full-time design and manufacturing talent. To learn how our engineering solutions can benefit your company, contact us today: