California is an attractive destination for manufacturing and technology trade shows. With over 36,000 manufacturing companies and roughly 1.3 million working within the sector, manufacturing suppliers and service providers clamor to exhibit in California trade shows to have face-to-face interactions with prospective buyers.
Here’s a list of California trade shows engineers would want to attend:
FOR MECHANICAL AND MANUFACTURING ENGINEERS:
- WESTEC 2019 (Long Beach, CA – Sept. 24-26 2019) – With an expected 10,000 attendees and over 400 exhibitors, WESTEC is a great opportunity to connect with thousands of leading manufacturers in critical industries such as aerospace, medical, industrial machinery and consumer goods. Currently, the registration fee for WESTEC is $50 per person, but if you attend as our guest, it’s free! Register through this link today!
- Design-2-Part (Pasadena, CA – Oct. 9-10), (Santa Clara, CA – TBA*) – Design-2-Part brings together American contract manufacturers with OEMs and product manufacturers who are sourcing for custom parts, services and design.
- PACDESIGN (Anaheim, CA – Feb. 11-13, 2020) – PACDESIGN 2020 will feature the latest in CAD/CAM software, 3D Printing, Rapid Prototyping, Contract Manufacturing and more while discovering groundbreaking design and manufacturing innovation.
- RAPID + TCT (Anaheim, CA – Apr. 21-23, 2020) – RAPID + TCT is where the entire additive manufacturing community convenes, and where industry-accelerating products are launched. Technologies that will be on the spotlight will include 3D printing, 3D scanning, CAD/CAE, metrology & inspection, and related additive manufacturing technologies.
FOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS:
- DESIGNCON (Santa Clara, CA – Jan. 28-30, 2020) – This January, North America’s largest chip, board, and systems event, DesignCon, returns to Silicon Valley for its 25th year. This three-day conference will cover all aspects of hardware design, including signal & power integrity, high-speed serial design, machine learning, and more.
- Design Automation Conference (San Francisco, CA – July 19-23, 2020) – DAC is the premier conference and trade show devoted to Integrated Circuit (IC) Design, Electronic Design Automation (EDA), Embedded Systems and Software (ESS), Intellectual Property (IP), and security for use in electronics with wide-ranging applications including automotive, industrial, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, and beyond.
- PCB WEST (Santa Clara, CA – TBA Sep. 2020*) – PCB West has trained designers, engineers, fabricators and assemblers on making printed circuit boards for every product or use imaginable. From high-reliability military/aerospace to cutting-edge IoT and wearables, there’s something for everyone involved in the electronics supply chain.
INDUSTRY-BASED TRADE SHOWS:
Medical Device and Biotechnology:
- BIOMEDevice (San Jose, CA – Dec. 4-5 2019) – This two-day event empowers medical device designers, engineers, and executives with everything they need to move MedTech projects to the next stage or development. BIOMEDevice lets attendees discover technologies for producing devices for minimally invasive surgery, cardiovascular health, diagnostics, and other therapeutic applications.
- MD&M West (Anaheim, CA – Feb. 11-13, 2020) – MD&M West is the most comprehensive medical manufacturing conference in the U.S. with speakers coming from top OEMs like Edwards Lifesciences, Galen Robotics, Merck, and Corinnova.
- BIO-IT World West (San Francisco, CA – Mar 1-4, 2020) – Bio-IT World Conference & Expo highlights the new frontiers in drug discovery & development, biomedical research, and clinical and healthcare. Next year’s Bio-IT World West will explore the Digitization of Pharma R&D, AI-Enabled Drug Discovery and Development, Emerging Technologies for Life Sciences, and Software Tools, Services, and Applications.
- Space Tech Expo (Long Beach, CA – May 18-20, 2020) – This three-day trade show is the leading showcase of space-related technologies and innovations from systems and sub-systems, components, testing and manufacturing technologies for civil, military and commercial space applications.
- SEMICON West (San Francisco, CA – Jul. 21-23, 2020) – SEMICON West connects the entire extended electronics supply chain — in one place, at one time, including: Manufacturing Equipment, Materials, Packaging, Assembly & Test, Design/Fabless, MEMS and Sensors, Flexible Hybrid Electronics (FHE), IC Device Applications, Systems Integrators, IoT and Consumer Electronics Manufacturers.
- SPIE Photonics West (San Francisco, CA – Feb. 1-6, 2020) – SPIE Photonics West is the premier event for the photonics and laser industries. Topics that are generally covered in this event include laser manufacturing, laser materials processing, micro-nano packaging, fiber, diode, solid state lasers, laser resonators, ultrafast, semiconductor lasers and LEDs, and 3D fabrication technologies.
- CLEO Laser Science to Photonics Application (San Jose, CA – May 10-15, 2020) – CLEO offers six days of technical sessions, exhibits and events highlighting the latest research, applications and market-ready technologies in all areas of lasers and photonics.
- ATX (Anaheim, CA – Feb. 11-13, 2020) – This is a trade show that offers solutions in automation, motion control, robotics to help businesses increase productivity, improve quality/IQ processes reduce downtime and ensure data security.
- Robotics Summit (San Jose, CA – June 9-11, 2020) – A multifaceted educational forum and expo dedicated to addressing the issues involved with the design, development, manufacture and delivery of commercial robotics and intelligent systems products and services.
- Mobile World Conference (Los Angeles, CA – Oct. 22-24) – Attendees will explore Intelligent Connectivity – the powerful combination of high-speed 5G networks, the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI) and big data.
- 5G Expo (Santa Clara, CA – Nov. 13-14) – This event takes place concurrently with other trade shows covering IoT, Cyber Security, Cloud, Blockchain, AI and Big Data. The 5G Expo explores the possibilities of high speed mobile networks, and its potential applications and challenges.
- IoT TECH Expo (Santa Clara, CA – Nov. 13-14) – The world leading IoT event series, this conference will explore the latest innovations within the Internet of Things and covering the impact it has on many industries. Key topics examined include: IIoT, connected fleet, smart logistics, building automation, smart grids, future of manufacturing, connectivity solutions, transport management, connected vehicles, asset monitoring, device management and more.
- ID TECH EXPO (Santa Clara, CA – Nov. 20-21 2019) – The IDTechEx Show presents the latest emerging technologies at one event, with seven concurrent conferences covering Electric Vehicles, Energy Storage, Graphene, Internet of Things, Printed Electronics, Sensors and Wearable Technology.
- Sensors Expo (San Jose, CA – June 9-11, 2020) – From design engineers to startup entrepreneurs to corporate management of the industry’s largest semiconductor companies, Sensors Expo & Conference attracts the engineering professionals that are involved in the design, development and deployment of sensor technologies. They come to Sensors Expo each year to find sensors to incorporate into their current projects, learn about the latest sensing technologies, and develop networking contacts within the industry.
SoloPoint Solutions will be exhibiting in this year’s WESTEC show in Long Beach, CA. We will be featuring our design and manufacturing solutions which include engineering CAD and documentation support, prototyping and other manufacturing resources that offer companies flexibility in growing their business.
Register for free through this link and drop by Booth # 561 to learn more about our services and enter our raffle for a chance to win Apple AirPods! We hope to see you there!
*TBA – To Be Announced