Aerospace is a huge industry which includes manufacturers of well-known products; airplanes, space crafts, satellites, and producers of not so obvious systems and components such as landing gears, navigation systems, safety and emergency systems, engines, turbines, and even cabins interiors and kitchen galleys.
Along with the most recognized aerospace companies like Boeing, SpaceX, Lockheed, and Airbus, there are hundreds of smaller manufactures that produce the components and subsystems that are needed to support the industry.
In a sample of engineering positions of SoloPoint’s Aerospace clients, here are the most prevalent technical skills profiles:
MECHANICAL ENGINEERS AND DESIGNERS
- Knowledge of relevant aerospace design and test specifications, such as ASME Y14.5-2009, SMC-S-016, NASA-STD-5009, AIAA-S-080, and NASA-STD-5017
- Experience with the design of propulsion systems such as rotating machinery, thrustors, injectors…etc.
- Knowledge of materials and processes – composites, VARTM, Alloys, Heat Treatment…etc.
- GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances), Mil-Spec
- Significant experience with design/analysis tools (CAD, FEA)
- Knowledge of National Aerospace Standards (NAS) and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Regulations
- Development of all facets of aerospace control systems
- Development and evaluation of control algorithms, modeling and simulation codes, and embedded system programming
- Evaluation, assessment, selection, procurement and integration of sensors (e.g. inertial measurement units, vision systems), actuators, and related control and power electronics
- Design, fabrication, and testing of prototype and production hardware, including circuit boards and electro-mechanical interfaces
- Proficiency in Matlab, Simulink, Python and C++
- Familiarity with industry standards such as IPC and IEEE relating to PCB design
- AS9100 Revision D (2016), Quality Management System
- Demonstrated experience with DMLS and SLS additive manufacturing, welding, machining, precision cleaning, and NDT for aerospace products
- Implementation Lean Manufacturing principles and utilize Six Sigma methodologies
- Ensure manufacturing processes meet Environmental, Safety, and Health (MESH) & regulatory requirements
- Have knowledge of NAS Parts (bolts, rivets, washers, screws, nut plates, pins, knobs, etc.), Safety Management Systems (NAS9927) and Trade Compliance Standards (TCS)
Are you ready for your aerospace career to take flight?
Call SoloPoint Solutions at (408)246-5945 or (714)708-3639! Our Technical Recruiters are ready to launch your job search!
To see all our open jobs, visit our Job Board!